Benefits of using C-Core vs EI Core Magnetics:
- C-Core has less stray flux/magnetic field.
- Great solution for audio/amplifier applications.
- Minimize impact of transformer to surrounding components.
- EI will require one or more of the following to minimize stray flux:
- “Flux band” outside each winding.
- Iron strap welded outside perimeter of core.
- Potting into ferrous metal can.
- C-core’s weigh less than EI due to rounded edges.
- C-core fully utilizes grain orientation of steel (EI core typically uses 60%-80%).
- Better utilization of steel means greater magnetic efficiency of C-Core.
- C-core is typically higher priced than traditional EI due to less flexibility to adjust core size of C-core.
- Industry is limited on core size availability
To request product literature please visit us at PowerVolt or call us at 630-628-9999.
PowerVolt has been producing quality custom and pre-designed transformers for over 30 years. Our Quality Policy is simple, and effective:
- Compliance to Requirements.
- Continual Improvement.
- Personal Pride in our Work.
Feel free to take advantage of our pre-designed models, or let us customize a transformer to your particular needs. Either way, you've come to the right place